Wednesday, December 17, 2008

An introduction, of sorts

Hi. I'm Melfina, and I love Wow. I'm also a WoW noob. I only started playing at the end of August. I've been boring my non-WoW playing friends to tears with my WoW stories so I figured I should just get a blog.

I started off with a dwarf rogue, based off a D&D character. I made him, and discovered that I had no idea how to kill things. It was really sad. I have no idea what happened, if it just didn't click or what, but yeah, he lasted all of two seconds and I wandered off to go do something else.

The next day I found out what server my friends were on, and started playing there. I again started with a rogue but tried Forsaken this time. Got her to lvl 6, got VERY VERY sick of dying, and decided to try other classes. I wandered over to Alliance on an RP server, and rolled a Night Elf Hunter. In my defense, I had no idea this was the most popular race-class combo. I had played LotRO and liked the hunter class there (and I adore elves in general), so figured it'd be the same. I discovered early on that wow, I was fragile in melee, and got frustrated and rolled a mage.

Stuck with the mage till she was lvl 14 or so, and then switched back to the hunter. Got my first pet (a cat from the Exodar for RP reasons), and the hunter has been my main ever since. I'm now lvl 50.

Breakdown of my Characters/Pets:
Alliance

Female Night Elf Hunter, BM spec, lvl 50
Llofios the cat (who hasn't been out to play since lvl 25)
Eriador the Dragonhawk (who was picked up at lvl 25. There was an insane amount of dying to get him, mostly in transit. I have only ever seen one other Alliance hunter with one)
Siberius the Wind Serpent (Arashi-ethis). Just got him tonight. So far I like him. Pictures from Wowhead

Female Draenei Mage, Frost, lvl 21
Female Human Paladin, Protection, lvl 17? 18? (I can't remember if she leveled today or not)
Female Draenei Shaman, lvl 10, bank toon + enchanter who's being leveled basically as her Enchanting skill requires it

Horde

Female Blood Elf Warlock, demonology (but I may respec), lvl 18. This is my horde main.
Female Troll Hunter, undecided spec, lvl 13
An unamed Moth from the Exodar. It took me 8 deaths to get him. I just haven't come up with a name worthy of the feat of getting to the Exodar at lvl 10 as a Horde.

I have a bunch of other toons but they're all under ten, so they don't count yet.

Insane things I've done... so far.
Gotten the Eastern Kingdoms Trick or Treating Achievement. At lvl 23. Believe me, track beasts and track humanoids saved my life more times then I can count, and the only really really bad spot was Eastern Plaguelands.
Gotten two pets from opposing faction starting areas. The moth was really hard, the DH less so (since I had learned the wonders of ghost runs by that point).
Attempted to solo Blackfathom Depths. At lvl 26. I figured that since I could kill all the mobs outside the shimmery portal thing, inside would be a piece of cake. Wow, did I learn that lesson quickly.

Currently I'm trying to power-level to 80, learn how to play my class properly (I just learned what Freezing Trap was for two days ago), and hopefully do some raids that aren't my friend's lvl 70 mage pulling everything and killing it, then I loot. Not that I mind that, but it'd be nice to actually attempt a proper raid.

No comments:

Post a Comment