Saturday, November 14, 2009

The DPS survey

What is the name, class, and spec of your primary dps?
Garetia, marksman hunter

What is your primary dpsing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
10 mans, with the occasional 5 man heroic

What is your favorite dps spell/ability for your class and why?
Kill shot, with Chimera coming in a close second. Yay massive dps.

What dps spell do you use least for your class and why?
Silencing Shot. I think I've used it twice, maybe. I know some Marksmen have it macroed to all their damage spells, but I've always been reluctant to use the extra mana.

What do you feel is the biggest strength of your dps class and why?
Flexibility. We can kite adds, trap them, volley the crap out of them, or dps the heck out of the boss, depending on what the raid needs. I've kited Gluth trash, been on bomb-killing duty with XT, and trapped the heck out of casters.

What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your dps class and why?
Our reputation. And also, for Beastmasters, the pet AI.

In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best dps assignment for you?
Anything that involves volley. I like volley. And I can do massive damage with it.

What dps class do you enjoy dpsing with most and why?
I like mages cause if the tank loses the mobs, they tend to go for the mages first. It's why my guild has a saying "it's not a raid till the mage dies"

What dps class do you enjoy dpsing with least and why?
Feral kitties, because we're competition for the same weapons and they get first dibs.

What is your worst habit as a dps?
Whee, dps dps dps, crap here comes the boss. FD. My spec is a bit bursty, and if my first few shots are crits, hello boss. I should really misdirect more.

What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while dpsing?
People telling me I have the wrong pet. My pet is my choice, and it's maybe 10% of my dps. If I'd rather have a raptor than a wolf and lose about 60 dps, well, that's my choice. And if I'm bringing a non-80 pet to a heroic, it's cause I need to level it and quite frankly, my dps by itself is more than enough for a heroic.

Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other dps?
Yes, I think we are.

What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a dps’er?
Recount, and Ensidia Fails so that I can keep track of the times I do something stupid and try not to do it again.

What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your class?
That we're all huntards. I think all those idiots are now face-rolling DKs. Competent DKs, I feel your pain.

What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new dpsers of your class to learn?
Pet control. No matter what your spec, keeping your pet alive while getting the rotation going and keeping it going is a challenge.

What dps class do you feel you understand least?
Warriors. Rage is confusing.

What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in dps?
I use a hunter mark and pet attack macro so that I don't forget to mark things. Also, I use Power Auras Classic to tell me when I'm in Viper or trinkets have proc'ed or Furious Howl has popped.

What stat to stack, and why?
Agility and AP are both yummy.

And my own question: what's your offspec (if you have one) and why?
Offspec is beast master, so I can solo old content and do group quests by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment