Monday, April 19, 2010

Just Feeling Kinda Fail Right Now

I ran icc 10 as shadow, and well, with my gear, I should NOT be around the 4k dps mark.  6k would be fine, but not 4.  My naxx and ulduar geared hunter can out dps my icc10 geared priest.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, other than not being perfect on the spell priorities and possibly clipping my dots.  I do occasionally hit the wrong button, but that doesn't seem like it'd add up to 2k missing.  I am reading shadowpriest.com, trying various addons (like ShadowGreenLight and a clipping addon), and going to spend a lot of time on the dummies, trying to figure out what's going on.

It's just been a not-good raiding weekend for me.  The ICC 25 I was in hit the wall hard at Fester, and I personally felt like a useless healer.  I died frequently due to tank healing tunnel vision, and since the tank I was healing was also beaconed, well, I really just felt like I didn't even need to be there.

Oh, and I was really looking forward to an Ulduar 25 tonight.  Ended up being slightly late (with notice) and the 25 man had turned into a 10 man with no slot for me.  Now, I completely understand that (and I don't really have a good place in a 10 man right now since I am fail dps and uncomfortable with 10 man healing) but it just feels like the icing on the FAIL cake.

I'm going to take a brief break from serious raiding, give myself a couple of weeks to a) regroup and b) recuperate and decide what I want to do.  If I want to raid dps, well, then I need to regear my hunter, and if I want to 10 man heal, I probably need to go holy.  In the meantime, it's back to profession and pally leveling.  She hit 71 tonight, and has about 30 quests to go in Howling Fjord.  At least I'm not fail on her, she can take down an elite her level.

No comments:

Post a Comment