Well, after a night spent wiping on Chogall, I have the following questions/ideas/stuff to get out of my brain. I'm tank-healing (a new role) in a fight that's new to me (and to many of our raid), so I'm trying to get everything down while it's fresh. Feel free to chime in with tips, tricks, or anything else.
1) About what throughput should a tank healer have on this fight? I was managing about 9.6k hps, with my top 3 heals being PW:S, Greater Heal, and Penance, but man, the tanks health yo-yos like crazy.
2) Mana? I've just redone my spec to pick up the shorter shadowfiend cooldown, and hopefully that'll help. Part of the problem (I think) is that I'm always healing the tank on Cho'gall, so I don't really get any downtime to pop Hymn of Hope or just passively regen. I need to talk to the other healers, see if there's a spot where either the raid healer or other tank healer could keep an eye out while I pop it. Same goes for pots of concentration.
3) I need to figure out where in my UI the stupid corruption thing is. Never did find the sound meter for Atremedes, and I suspect it's the same problem.
4)Cooldowns. I need to talk to the tanks about calling these out. Also, I need to figure out how to view their debuffs, see what that fire thing vuhdo shows me is, and what debuff's causing the massive health drops. Once I figure that out, I'll have a better sense of when to panic.
5)GTFO is incredibly helpful for this fight. Seriously, with most of the raid stacked up with me, I can't see a darn thing on the floor. My tunnel healing vision does not help.
6) Power Auras for stacks of Grace and also for PoM. Ooh, and a low health one would be nice. And Inner Focus, Power Infusion, and Pain Suppression. Reminding myself I have these means I'll use them more, and I need to.
7) Shadowfiend macro. Why do I not have one? And while I'm at it, Misdirection macro for the hunter.
8)Do we have only one melee? Maybe we should have one of the ranged stand with the rogue, so the tanks don't have to worry as much about that possession thing.