Saturday, January 24, 2009

Some thoughts on respecing

I haven't said much about my respec because, frankly, I was busy doing lowbie quests and hadn't noticed much of a difference. My damage numbers went up, I got two new things to play with, but I was still using the same rotation and basically the same tactics.
I haven't reached the bottom of the MM tree yet, so I don't have chimera shot. But while questing in Felwood last night I did discover a few things.
1. I now pull off my cat and get high threat warnings much more.
2. My cat takes longer to kill things by himself.
3. I'm having to use more traps and more disengage, plus concussive shot. It's been levels and levels since I've used concussive shot. I think this is a good thing, it forces me to practice kiting and trapping.

I did discover something very interesting this morning. I switched out my cat for my bear (who may be replaced by a warp stalker when I can get one), and my bear's holding aggro better than my cat. And my bear is 5 levels lower than me.

I think that the lessened damage my cat is doing can't compensate for my increased damage, but the aggro-holding abilities my bear has can do the job. I did pull off the bear but he would generally pull the mob right back. This made me happy. If Cub (leveled to 60) hadn't been able to hold aggro, I was going to have to go get a gorilla and I don't want a gorilla. I don't like the way they look. But since he's holding aggro pretty well at 5 lvls lower, I don't think I have to worry.

Oh, and Happy Lunar Festival to everyone. If like me, you want achievements, may I point you to....
The Wow Insider Guide
and
The Tour Guide Elder Add-on. I used (and still use) Tour Guide on my low-level toons to tell me where to go and what to do next. I don't always listen, but it's nice to have. Plus, it uses less memory than questhelper (which I also have). Between Tour Guide, Lightheaded, and Questhelper, I'm more than set for leveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment