Tuesday, May 25, 2010

10 Random Things about me (and nothing whatsoever to do with WoW)

I don't really have much to say, but I figured instead of my normal Random Tuesday Thoughts, I'd give you 10 random facts about me... Mostly because I can't really think of anything WoW related to say.

1. I get most of my vitamins in gummy form.  Yes, my daily multivitamin, my calcium, and even my omega 3 are all in gummy form.  I have to take a lot of vitamins and the gummy versions tend to be easier on my stomach.

2. My hair has not been its natural color since I was 14.  As pale as I am, my medium brown hair is too dark and so I lighten it with highlights or dye it blonde or red.  It was even blue for a short time.

3. Despite being a huge fantasy buff, I did not read the complete LotR trilogy till after I saw the first movie.  I had tried to read it when I was younger and gave up.  I made up for it later by reading not only the trilogy, but also the Hobbit, the Simarilion, and the Unfinished Tales.  At one point I could recite Elrond's lineage.  I think those brain cells are now dedicated to random wow and D&D lore.

4. The Hobbit (Rankin-Bass version) is one of my all time favorite movies.  I love the music.  And the idea of Elrond singing "tra-la-lala-laley, down here in the valley" never fails to crack me up.  In fact I wrote an entire fanfic about it.  And I am still amazed that I was not banned from church for wandering around singing "When there's a whip, there's a way" when I was 6.  It's a very catchy tune.

5.  I read War and Peace.  Twice. For the fun of it.  I blame my Russian novel kick in late adolescence.  And yet I can't get through Twilight.  Draw your own conclusions.

6.  I wanted to be head of NASA when I was little.  Then I learned it was a politically-appointed position and was sad.

7.  I was allowed to watch Monty Python when I was little, but not the Cosby show.  My grandmother, while sweet and wonderful, was also born in the deep south in the early 1900s and had some prejudices.

8.  I became a fan of Firefly when it was first shown on Fox.  I still love it, and I've gotten to meet several of the actors.  Jewel Staite is a sweetheart.  Yes, Joss Whedon is my master now.  I even liked Dollhouse.

9.  I am a Harry Potter fan mostly because I adore Jason Isaacs.  Tom Felton isn't so bad either.  And I'd listen to Alan Rickman read a phone book.  Man has a great voice.  I live in hope that the endless camping will be cut from the Deathly Hallows movies and they will add more Lucius.  You really can't go wrong with more Lucius, especially if you throw more Severus in as well.

10.  I am a gamer geek girl.  I have even used THAC0, though I prefer D&D 3.5's system.

1 comment:

  1. 6. Despair not! This just means you don't have to be qualified. :P

    ReplyDelete