Saturday, May 22, 2010

Healing 10 mans. Not as scary as they used to be.

Ran ICC 10 today as disc.  It went really really well.  Two healing with a shaman, and we made it through Putricide and even had a couple attempts on the Princes.  I got new gloves with to hit for shadow, a hat, and a new ring with a shiny red socket.   Still no offhand, but I continue to hope.  Having such a good run really did help with my confidence level.  It was odd at first, but I concentrated mostly on the tanks, threw in a prayer of healing now and again, and flashed and penanced like there was no tomorrow.  I need to remember that my flash heal hits harder than I think it does, so I use less greater heals.

I did respec back to shadow after the run.  Holy was a nice change of pace, but I missed my bubbles and face-melting is FUN!   Plus eventually our pro holy priest will return from Italy (volcano willing) and I'm more useful as healer/dps/mana battery.  But Tam, I will remember your advice, and I appreciate the help!

In other news, the pally continues her relentless assault to level 80.  She's 76 and spending a lot of time in Zul'Drak.  It's a zone none of my toons have really done yet, and it's nice to see new lore.  And kill trolls.  Killing trolls never gets old.

Arena-wise, I am still waiting on the aforementioned priest to return so we can discuss things.  Thanks to Cynwise for your advice, and I made a cute gnome frost mage.  Then I remembered why I don't play gnomes.  I can't stand being short.  Yes, I am weird.  I am a pervy elf fancier who doesn't do short toons.  I like the gnome models, but the shortness drives me nuts after a little while.

Now back to figuring out shadow gearing options in Rawr.  I realized I have an entire bag full of purple gear, and I'd like to winnow that down a bit.  Sure, I have 4 gear sets, but there is a lot of overlap, and I'm pretty sure I don't need 3 different sets of pvp gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment