Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ghost Running


Hi. I'm Aidelyn, and today we're going to discuss a very important subject. Now, I'm a Stormwind girl, never really made it out of Elywnn, and this here Lunar Festival seemed like the perfect time to get out, see a bit of the world, and party. So I did. And I may have done a bit too much partying, because I woke up with a pounding headache and discovered that my invitation had disappeared. So there I was, stuck in Moonglade, with no way out. It was a fine how-do-you-do to Kalimdor, let me tell you. Never been on this continent in my life, and now I'm stuck here.

Thankfully I got out, and I'm going to tell you how so you can too...
First, and this is the most important step... DO NOT PANIC! Especially not if you're a night elf female. You'd think with a millenia-old civilization that somebody, somewhere, would have discovered the bra. But I digress...

Second, find the flight master, so you can come back later. He's on the other side of the lake from the town (and what idiot civic planner decided that was a good place for him?)

Third, strip. You heard me, take all that pretty shiny gear and armor off. Unless you haven't changed your underwear in a month of Sundays, or you're Horde (except for the elf ones). Then please, for the sake of my sanity, keep your pants on. Literally.

Fourth, figure out where you're going. I picked Darkshore, since I knew I could get a boat home from there. Barrens might be a good alternative for the Horde.

Fifth, start running. Leave Moonglade. At this point you will die and get dropped at the Spirit Healer...

In Felwood. Saves you some running. Now, I know we all go find our corpses when we die, but this time DON'T. If you go back, you're just going to die. Again and again and again.

(From this point on, nothing I say's going to help the Horde much. Sorry guys, you're on your own)

Sixth, start running south. See on the map above, where the river and the lakes are? You're going to hit that area, make a sharp right and keep going. Aim for the coast. You'll fall off some cliffs, but who cares? You can't die if you're already dead. Unless you're undead, and I always wondered how that worked.

Seventh, once you make it to Darkshore, find the road. It should be between where you fell into the zone and the coast. If you can't find it, don't worry and just run up the coast.

Now here comes the challenge. You're looking for...
white on white. They're impossible to see when dead, I swear.
Here's a full listing by zone, or you could just find 41,36 in Darkshore. It's along the main road, north of the town. Once you find it, DO NOT REZ. Log out. Switch servers and log into another character. Then come back.

Now rez.
This should be what you see, more or less... except without me in underwear. If you see me in underwear, you may still be at the party. You also may be stoned out of your mind. Just breathe and go get some munchies.



Auberdine is just a little ways south, and you can get ships from there to Stormwind, Darnassus, or that space goat place. Plus, hit the flight guy for...


A way back to an incredible party.

No comments:

Post a Comment