Thursday, January 22, 2009

Goals

I need to have goals in games. Whether it's "see all this stuff" or "kill these things" doesn't matter. I just need to have them or I flounder and get bored and wander off. Obviously my long-term/meta goals are to level the characters to 80. But that's a long way, so I need goals in the middle.

My current middle goals in WoW are...
Get both DKs to Outlands levels of crafting. I'm focusing on Llonya for now, and just got past the tin to iron gap. Her blacksmithing is at 100, and considering I just started last night, I'm pretty happy with where I am there. Neither DK is getting anything in the way of XP right now, since I'd rather level professions along with the character.

Get Garetia exalted with somebody other than Darn. Gnomer would be nice. I spent most of the day yesterday running through Azuremyst and Bloodmyst, and got about 4k of Gnomer rep, as well as maybe 8k? of Exodar. There's only 2 quests that give direct Gnomer rep there, and those two got me 500. The rest was all bleedover from the Exodar rep.

Get Loremaster of Kalimdor done on Garetia. Obviously the other goal can be used to further this one, and I have been. This does mean my lvling slows down, but I can live with that. I'd probably stay in Azeroth till 62 anyway (I tried the first few Outlands quests before the patch and I went SQUISH!), so I don't think it's a huge impact. I have several zones I haven't touched (the Barrens, Felwood, Silithus, Azshara) a few left in Un'Goro, an entire quest chain in Desolace, and a couple left in Winterspring. I'm close to 500 if not at 500 so I think (hopefully) getting those zones done should do it. Plus I get more gold (still not at 400), more quest rewards, and more herbs. And heck, once I get the cash for the mount, I want to start leveling Alchemy again (sitting at 270), and I'll need extra herbs for that.

I won't touch or worry about any of the other Loremaster stuff till I'm 80, but with Kalimdor I figure I'm close, I remember where I haven't done stuff, and it's going to be easier to get it done now rather than a few months down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment